March 17, 2009

First Bike Ride of the Season

Last year we bought me a bike. I had big plans to ride it everywhere. It turns out biking is hard, especially up hill. I got on the dirt a little last year, but not as much as I wanted to. Since I'll only be working every other week this summer, I decided it would be a great year to improve my bike handling skills. We went on our first ride today. It was supposed to be a pleasant ride up City Creek Canyon, a paved trail. Since I've started work I haven't had time to work out and it really showed. Ryan was not even breaking a sweat and I was dying, I thought my heart was going to break out of my chest and flop all over the trail. I kept telling Ryan how mean he was for making me bike (even though it was my idea) and exercise (he knows I hate it). Of course by the time I got into the car (Ryan put our bikes on the bike rack) I had a nice smile on my face. I know tomorrow my legs will be sore, but luckily that goes away. So the next time I want to go on a bike ride I've forgotten all about the hard part and only remember that it made me smile.

4 comments:

Cort said...

You're so rugged and cool! You know you can build up some leg muscles at the ARUP gym on your 15 minute breaks!

The Caldwell's said...

Good Job! I don't like to start working out after not working out for many months...but it feels so good afterwards! I'm jealous you get to be outside in the nature riding bike! How fun!

Jeff and Michele said...

Welcome to the old persons club!
-Cousin Jeff

Lori said...

Hey honey--way to go!