Ryan & I in front of the MSNBC trailer, calling our families and telling them to watch for us.
Ryan with a Gettysburg drum. All of the kids on his drumline had to take a picture with the drum.
By the time the Utes actually started the parade, the sun was setting (as you can see) and it was getting a little chilly. Luckily Obama was still in his bullet proof booth waving and smiling until the bitter end.
Then I came back to a flurry of interviews and one long, disgusting cold. The only wonderful part about getting sick while laid off is that you don't have to worry at all about missing work and using vacation time. I got caught up on a lot of movies and suckered into reading the Twilight saga.
Just as I was getting over my cold Ashley and I both had a wonderful idea. Since I'm just hanging out here in Salt Lake and she's just hanging out in St. Louis, why don't we hang out together in the same state? So we found a cheap flight and voila...Ashley and Chloe are at my house! I had so much fun while they were here, I really didn't want them to leave. Alas, all things come to an end and they had to go back to a lonely Jeremy. The end of their trip also signaled the end of my freedom from corporate tyranny. But not before I could throw a baby shower for my very pregnant friend Betsy. All in all I would have to say that it was a wonderfully fun break from the rat race. (Besides the initial stress of finding a job, of course.) Today I started my new job at ARUP, where my cousin works and whom I plan to bug relentlessly. More to come on the job later. Now I wanted to close with incredibly adorable pictures of my super cute niece.
Of course Ryan had to teach her how to drum, she loved it....along with coloring and Ikea.

6 comments:
yay for megan blogs!
Love the blog! Could you keep mine updated too?!?!
We had SO much fun staying with you guys, Chloe still asks about you everyday.
Sweet! I am soooo excited for your blog! That's so great you got to travel and spent time with your family a lot :) Congrats on getting a new job! I can't wait to see you in May!...or maybe before that who knows.
So cute! You're such a grown up with your blog, and getting laid off and riding in first class! Loves it! Now if you could just keep it updated a little bit better than our other sis...Luv ya ash!
I just peed my pants a little because I'm so excited that your blogging! ... or maybe it's because something didn't heal right after having my kids. Hmm. I may want to get that checked out.
Love the blog name...so funny! I'm excited for another excuse to not clean my house.
Post a Comment