So yesterday was my birthday and so many people wished me a happy day that I truly felt the love. It started with a wonderful nights sleep, thank you Lucas, and me forgetting that it was my birthday until Ryan gave me a hug and said happy birthday. Even with all the sleep I'm still tired though. No more sleeping in.
I have Jenna for the first half of the day and she is wonderful, cute, cooing and smiling. What a good present Jenna, thanks. My son on the other hand is in an ok mood. He wakes up from his morning nap a little early so he's only doing ok. No problem. My wonderful Mother brings me a yummy lunch which we try to enjoy, but my son is just not having it. We are about ready to go on a walk when I realize that the only place my keys can be is locked in the trunk of our car with the stroller. Lucky we didn't go though because Lucas has the biggest poop I've ever seen him take. I'm so glad we moved up to size 3 diapers. After this he is in a wonderful mood. He is smiling and laughing and all around super happy. I love my little man!
I talk to some well wishers on the phone and then it is time for dinner. We had planned on going out with friends, but I was a little gun shy. We went out the night before with my friends from work and every little peep Lucas made sounded like a dinosaur roar. I ended up in the car nursing him watching some guy on his smoke break. You can see why I wanted to eat in.
We got take out and by the time it was all ready and picked up it had gotten to be 7 at night. Before I had a kid I wouldn't have thought anything of being out and about this late (can't believe I just called 7 late!), but now that is bed time. We eat, my wonderful best friend Natalie made me cupcakes, and then Lucas is done for the day.
We decide to tubby the kids together and Lucas loved it! He was so happy to sit up in a big tub and splash all over. We finally get him home and he is so wired, he can't fall to sleep. After an hour of screaming, from Lucas and me, he finally drifts off. I'm so tired by this point that I'm ready for bed. The day ends with Ryan singing me Happy Birthday in bed as I drift off to sleep. Not at all like the birthdays I used to have, but then again nothing is like it used to be. I still wouldn't trade it at all.
October 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is such a great post mommy. It's real. It's life as it truly is. I'm so sorry I missed your birthday. I totally forgot and I will just claim newborn insanity. I think from newborn on, it just keeps getting better and so will the birthdays. Love you.
Post a Comment