October 22, 2010

Fall Break

I love that Ryan gets fall break. I does make me feel like we are about 20 years old again. Of course this time it was not all bikini parties and drinking games. This time it was fun grown up things like fixing the door, winterizing the yard and painting the heating manifolds. Who says being a grown up isn't fun? Besides making Ryan slave away in the house and yard, we found time to do some fun things. We hung out with the Levies and tried to carve pumpkins, which is impossible to do with two little kids. Jen and I went to Layton to visit our cousin Cortney and her adorable new baby and attempt to craft. We visited Jonny in his dorm with my Mom and David. Side note: so glad I don't live in dorm rooms anymore. We walked around Silver Lake with my Dad and Jan. It was a super fun pretty typical family outing. The bees kept attacking us while we tried to eat our picnic and Lucas refused to be happy unless he was being carried, so my Dad got to push around an empty stroller. So all in all it was a super fun week. The best part though was getting Lucas to sleep through the night. It is so wonderful to get consecutive hours of sleep. I now feel like I could be on a special team in the army that never sleeps and has to keep following the enemy. Motherhood is such useful training for so many careers.

I'm such a dope and only took the camera with me one day. At least I have pics of that day though.


Jan and Lucas trying to fight off the bees at lunch.



Lucas looking mighty guilty trying to steal Dad's sandwich.

Hanging out at Dad's after the adventure in the great outdoors.

No comments: