July 3, 2009

Summer is (probably) here

I think the weather is finally starting to cooperate, and it might finally be summer. We've had a busy couple of weeks, but they have been so much fun. Chloe was still in town after my work week so we tried to see her as much as is humanly possible. We ran through sprinklers, went swimming at the Murray pool, had a BBQ with fireworks and just hung out and had fun. I love it when all the girls get together (moms and daughters), we always have so much fun. It is so great to have such awesome sisters. The last two days of the trip were just about the best for me since Chloe was all about her Aunt Megan. Did she want Mom? No. Did she want Dad? No. It was all about Meggy! Now I just have to keep that brain washed devotion going until we get to see her again. I'm so sad that the Timms are back in St. Louis though. It feels like their trip just barely started. We have to wait months before we see Chloe again! Ryan and I are trying to get tickets out for fall break. Hopefully we can find a good deal. It turns out it costs a lot of money to go to school. That was the only sad part about this visit from the Timms, Ryan had to spend most of the time with his nose buried in a book. I'm really proud of him for being such a good student. He is working so hard and doing such a good job, I just wish he could play more. Only a few more years.
We also got to see a few friends. Becca and Brent ended up having their baby girl 7 weeks early, which was pretty scary, but seems to be working out. We went to visit them and see how it was going. They seemed to be doing just about as good as you can in that situation. Little Cozet should be on her way home now, which is much faster than predicted, but since she came out screaming they figured she was pretty tough.
During my work week Brett and Betsy made us dinner one night and I have been craving it ever since. "It" is a delicious salad, based on the salads from Chipotle, but even better. Kudos to Betsy for making the salad of the Gods. I love it when people make me food, especially when I'm so tired from working all day. They also re-introduced us to Nacho Libre. The first time Ryan and I saw this movie we were not impressed. Then the Kocherhans talked us into watching it again. I was literally almost crying during a few scenes I was laughing so hard. Even Ethan loved it, he really has great taste in movies.

1 comment:

The Caldwell's said...

Yay, you're the favorite aunt! I get pretty competitive with my sisters too...

I'm glad you thought the movie is funny now...that's like my favorite movie!