July 16, 2009

Happy Anniversary to us!


Five years ago today, on a day just as hot as today, we got married. I love being married and I l-o-v-e love my Ryan. In celebration of our big 0-5 I thought we should do something super fun. It's kind of turned into a week long celebration. On Monday night (at the tail end of my 70 hours of working) we went to see Death Cab for Cutie at Red Butte. Since we got married at Red Butte, it was an extra special concert. Before the show started we walked around in the garden and found the area where we were married. We had such a spectacular time. The music was great, everything sounded wonderful, the weather couldn't have been better and we got to spend the evening together. For our actual anniversary today, we are going to go out to dinner. Then on Saturday I really want to take a hike, I'm calling it an anniversary hike. So a nice long celebration for our five years of marriage. For ten years we're going to have to celebrate for a month!
This is the spot where we were married. They have added some plants, we had a lot more grass area for the guest seating.
Here we are standing in the exact spot (I think) we were married.

The super awesome concert. Red Butte amphitheatre is a spectacular venue. You can pack in food with you, so you get to have a picnic while listening to great music. We, of course, had our favorite...burritos.

3 comments:

Cort said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cort said...

Awww, happy anniversary. I'm sorry to be such a debbie dower on your special day. Seriously if I had known Jenny could or would've taken off work, I would've totally had you guys come. I just felt bad! Hope today is great. I just love you two.

The Caldwell's said...

Congratulations!!! Wow! 5 years! I am soooo happy you two are happy! Looks like you guys had a wonderful anniversary week!