February 25, 2010

How much longer?


Only two-ish more months to go and I'm not sure where it's all going to go? I feel really pretty good expect when the baby gets all comfy and sits down on my sciatic nerve. Some things at work are getting a little hard to do. Of course the air valve and vacuum flasks are all very far from the edge of the hood/counter. It's getting to be a trick to see if I can reach them. I've now had three people ask me if I'm sure I'm not having twins. That one is always so much fun to answer: "Yes I'm sure...are you sure that big mouth fits on your pea sized brain head?" When will they learn that pregnant women don't enjoy/need it to be pointed out that they are in fact getting bigger. Another interesting note is that I'm not sure I even know how to hold a newborn. I was with my friend who just had her baby and I was holding this squirmy, floppy, adorable little girl and thinking to myself; "How am I suppose to hold this thing, she's ready to jump/roll right out of my arms." I'm sure we'll get plenty of practice. Also, we love our hypnobirthing class. It is just hippie enough for us.

5 comments:

The Caldwell's said...

Oh man! You look so adorable! I remember those days when people say funny things to me.Or at church people would ask, "So When's the baby due" like 50 times to the same people...I always thought..."Not for another 2 months, I told you that last week!!!" They just don't remember.

Your class sounds fun. I wish we had hippish class like that here. So I'm guessing your having your baby naturally? You can do it! I think I could probably do it naturally, but I was too chicken to do it...

I know what you mean by holding the newborn baby...that's why you have to have your mom to help you out!! Mine thing was I was terrified to put him in a bath, so my mom did it for the first week when he was ready to have it. They just grow up so fast and get chunckier so it's only a month or so when they seem so fragile.

Angell said...

Whoohoo! You look amazing! I'm so excited to see you! I'm really hoping that your little one comes either right before I get there, or while I'm there! So fun!

Cort said...

I too think you look adorable. And check you out, you're just all belly! I just want to hug you and sit on your non-existent lap I love that belly so much and the little bambino in it. Let's get together and just lay on the couch and giggle.

Cort said...

I too think you look adorable. And check you out, you're just all belly! I just want to hug you and sit on your non-existent lap I love that belly so much and the little bambino in it. Let's get together and just lay on the couch and giggle.

Leslie and Steven Zickefoose said...

Oh, chica!!! I wish I could see your belly in person. :) I miss you like crazy. By the way, you do look amazing!