June 17, 2009

New work schedule

I've officially started my new work schedule. I work 7 ten hour days in a row and then have 7 days off. Last week I worked 70 hours....it is no fun. I had three days off before starting and I was super sick during all three days, so I had to start the shift really tired and still sort of sick. Now that I'm on day two of no work, it's starting to feel almost worth it. Work is becoming a thing of the past and I almost don't remember how horrible it is to be in one place for 70 hours. I figured out that during my on week I only have 4 hours of non-sleeping time outside of work. I think that is the part that is going to be the hardest for me, the fact that during my on week I don't have time to do anything. I'm too tired to do even the basic things like fix dinner, pay bills or do the dishes. Pretty much my life just has to be put on hold for 7 days. Everyone says that it gets better though, so I really hope they aren't just saying that so I don't run screaming.

2 comments:

Cort said...

All things are an adjustment. I think you'll end up liking it. So I have a phone now, will you call me so I have your number again and I also need Ash's number. thanks. Did you know you probably had H1N1 according to the news report on Fox 13?

The Caldwell's said...

Oh man, 70 hours? Wow! It's super nice you get a whole week off! Some people out there work 70 hours a week and have to go back to work the next week I guess...that wouldn't be fun...

HOpe you are feeling better.