June 2, 2009

How old am I?

I was talking to my friend Natalie yesterday when she told me not to move, in a very serious tone. Since we were outside I assumed it was a bee or something dangerous coming right for me, but oh no it was a gray hair....on my head. I was really surprised since I never dreamed I was old enough to have gray hair. According to most of my friends and family it is not too unusual though. At first I was a little sad, luckily Natalie fed me something delicious to make me feel better. Then I promptly took the hairs back to show Ryan. My husband being as awesome as is humanly possible, helped me to come to the realization that gray hair is only worth worrying about if you think it's worth worrying about. So that is why I took a picture of my gray hair smiling back at me.

3 comments:

Cort said...

You are hilarious, that's why I love you! And don't feel sad. I could make many many many more smiley faces than that with my gray hairs. I am older than you but my geeky scientific husband has taught me how genes and gray hairs go hand in hand.

Jenny said...

I thought that was a scratch in your floor! I was thinking, now why did megan scratch a smiley face into her beautiful wood floor all because she thought she was old? It makes sense now...

Lori said...

As you all know, I'll NEVER go gray! Here's to better living through chemistry!