We went to Pioneer Theatre last week with our season tickets to see Dial M for Murder. I have to admit that it was the best play of the season so far. Ryan and I both really enjoyed it. I hate to admit that for the most part, we think most of the plays this season are just way too long and boring. So far we've seen a comedy, a romance, a historical fiction and Shakespeare. Both of us agree that theatre comedy is just not that funny. I know we're probably ruined by television, but the slapstick nonsense in the theatre usually doesn't make us laugh. The romance was a bit unsettling; a mentally slow woman falls in love in Italy and the Mother doesn't want the family to know that she is a "little off"??? The historical fiction included a brother-in-law/sister-in-law possible romantic connection. Then Romeo & Juliet was 3 1/2 hours long. I'm still excited to see Miss Saigon this spring, but so far it's Dial M for Murder....hands down.April 6, 2009
Best Play....yet
We went to Pioneer Theatre last week with our season tickets to see Dial M for Murder. I have to admit that it was the best play of the season so far. Ryan and I both really enjoyed it. I hate to admit that for the most part, we think most of the plays this season are just way too long and boring. So far we've seen a comedy, a romance, a historical fiction and Shakespeare. Both of us agree that theatre comedy is just not that funny. I know we're probably ruined by television, but the slapstick nonsense in the theatre usually doesn't make us laugh. The romance was a bit unsettling; a mentally slow woman falls in love in Italy and the Mother doesn't want the family to know that she is a "little off"??? The historical fiction included a brother-in-law/sister-in-law possible romantic connection. Then Romeo & Juliet was 3 1/2 hours long. I'm still excited to see Miss Saigon this spring, but so far it's Dial M for Murder....hands down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Again, so sorry I bailed but please be happy because everyone I've been in contact with during that time has gotten it. My mom, my sister, her friend, her lover...it's disasterous.
Post a Comment