Ryan and I have both started back to school. What's that, you thought I already had a degree and a growing career. It turns out that apparently my degree from a certified University is not good enough for some states. (New York and California I'm looking in your overly annoying direction) To work at ARUP you have to be New York certified to work on cases from New York and apparently they have some arbitrary law that says every third new hire has to take another class to supplement their degree. For the life of me I can't figure out what class I didn't take in my undergrad that half my coworkers took. Now I'm enrolled in Medical Microbiology. (Mind you I already took micro in my undergrad, but once again not good enough for snooty New York) Now I get to give up my precious free time to study and take tests for a class that I obviously wouldn't choose to take or I would have taken it in my undergrad. I know it won't be that bad, and the class looks half interesting, I just hate being told what to do by work when I'm not at work.
I really shouldn't complain, Ryan has so much more going on. He's in physics +lab, chemistry + lab and stats. Another semester of working hard for my man. It's a good thing he's a lot more dedicated than I was in my undergrad. He rocked the summer semester (all A's!!!!!!) and I know he'll do great this fall.
August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love my science geek couple in SLC! You guys rock. I won't tell Ted from How I Met Your Mother that you think NY is snooty. He'd have your @$$ on a platter and kick you off to NJ or something.
Wow, busy busy!! I'm sure you guys are doing just fine in school work but GOOD LUCK! I miss you!
Oh how I miss you. That's all I can say. :)
Post a Comment